Classic Pinellas Radio is seeking new volunteer Presenters for:
- Classics for Choirs
- Classic Showtunes
- Movie Music Magic
It’s really easy and you can do it at home!
All you need to do is select a piece from our repertoire list, record a short intro (“The next piece…”) or outro (“That piece was…”) and email it to us. That’s it!
Just ten intros/outros a month takes about three hours.
If you are interested, please prepare the following:
- An mp3 file of you saying “This is [your name] and you’re listening to [show name] on Classic Pinellas Radio.” Your voice should be very upbeat, excited, happy, smiling, quick, and energetic. In other words, the complete opposite of what you tend to hear on NPR and SiriusXM Symphony Hall!
- An mp3 file introducing “Truly Scrumptious” from Richard and Robert Sherman’s “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang” performed by the Richey Community Orchestra and Chorus. A little story relating you to this piece or the composer, or some history/ inspiration of the piece would be nice. Between 30 and 90 seconds. You can include your name and CPR, such as “This is your host [name] on Classic Pinellas Radio. Next up is…” Keep it all upbeat and energetic.
- A link to your website
- Your bio (up to 1,200 characters)
- A tall/ vertical/ portrait headshot photo at least 600px wide
- A commitment to sending 10 intros every month for the next six months.
When you have all that, go ahead and submit your application (link takes you to a different website).